Nov 8, 2011

35 week and 5 days check up

Doctor Tuesday.... So today was a bit uncomfortable, 1st internal exam in months.
I saw Dr Bewtra which Bobby liked and she was very informative. She looked at the growth scan and she said the baby was in the 65 percentile, which is ok, but she also said that that scan could be off 20% which adds up to 1.3 pounds in either direction.
We were told he was 6.2 pounds on Nov 1 on the scan but if it's off by 1.3 we could be looking at 7 lbs 5oz or 4 pounds 15 oz (which I doubt) right now. She said he could be 8 pounds which is normal or 10 pounds but she agrees with the other doctors to let me go and see what happens.
Not that I am totally against inductions or c-sections but why do something un-natural. I keep saying it and I will go with this till the end, if he is happy, keep him in. I don't care being uncomfortable, I just don't want him out because people think he is fat... I am standing up and defending all the fat babies in America
She also said I was 2 centimeters dilated, I had a 2 second panic but then she said, I could be that for weeks. I called my mom and she said she was dilated for weeks before I was born and I remember Sabrina also being dilated for weeks before Baby Sabrina arrived. So the panic ended fast. My mom said that being dilated without even knowing is a good thing cause i could go into labor and by the time I go to the hospital it's almost pushing time...
I guess that is a good thing unless you miss the window for the epidural and then you better welcome the pain..
I guess it's all about waiting. I still have my heart set on December 12 but I'll settle for December 5th (that's Bobby's day).
I am sitting on the coach and holding him hostage!!!